American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) continues its denim domination this September, with an elevated and immersive installation in NYC celebrating the back-to-school (BTS) season. Open to the public on September 16 and 17, American Eagle (AE), the #1 jeans brand for women of all ages and men in its core demographic, is turning New York’s iconic High Line into our own impressive line…of jeans. With a shoppable display of AE’s iconic jeans assortment, amplified with social and digital innovation, OMJeans will further the connection with its customer community.
- A show-stopping array of mannequins featuring hundreds of denim styles to showcase a range of offerings starting at the 14th street passage.
- Seamless shopping, with QR-coded denim, including Gen Z’s favorite jeans modeled on mannequins and in images, so guests can buy their perfect pair of jeans on the spot.
- Dedicated areas to drive Real Rewards Credit Card sign ups from AE’s financing partner, Synchrony.
- 30% off your first purchase after approval for the AE Real Rewards Credit Card.
- Visitors can scan a QR code to access Synchrony’s dApply to seamlessly and securely apply for credit, allowing them to quickly authenticate themselves and minimize the fields needed to apply.
- Enter to win a $1,000 jeans haul on the spot. With each entry, you are also entered to win a Grand Prize trip to the destination of your choice.*
- Fun and creative photo moments that integrate a denim landscape into the existing High Line views, as well as shareable seats – denim covered loungers – designed to look like the back pocket of a pair of AE jeans.
- Takeover of the 10th Avenue Amphitheater, where denim mannequins will congregate for a show-stopping, instagrammable display.
- A special musical performance by a surprise guest on Saturday, September 16 at 4:30 PM.
“Synchrony has partnered with AEO for more than two decades to offer financing solutions to meet the needs of its customers, beyond just a single purchase to build lifelong relationships,” said Darrell Owens, SVP, Head of Lifestyle Platform at Synchrony. “It’s great to see the AE brand come to life on the High Line with a unique activation that can easily translate browsing to buying.”
AE continues to lead with innovation, including promotion of the event across owned AE social to stir curiosity and drive a consumer call-to-action. A robust promotion strategy will include videos across social, OOH marketing including subway liveboards across NYC. A 3D billboard in Times Square will showcase the campaign and our top jeans styles that jump out of the ad and ‘dance’ for the crowd.
OMJeans will be open to the public on September 16th and 17th from 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM EDT at NYC’s High Line Park. Following the event, AE will be recycling all used denim with Cotton’s Blue Jeans Go Green™ program, which will be transformed into insulation for Habitat for Humanity and other applications. AE has collaborated with Cotton’s Blue Jeans Go Green™ program since 2008 and recycled over 600K pieces of denim. To stay in the know regarding the latest updates on the OMJeans installation, follow @americaneagle on IG. Customers everywhere can view the campaign and shop top denim styles now on ae.com, on owned brand socials and in stores nationwide.