Bangladesh based woven garments manufacturing company Laila Styles by Laila Group has been taking standard safety initiatives to ensure all employees health and safety in this COVID-19 pandemic.
The measures include social distancing while crossing the security post of the factory premises, hand washing and sanitizing before entering the premises, thermal check and health center precautions for the workers to ensure the safety of all the workers.
The company is maintaining the social distancing safety guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO). At its sewing, cutting, finishing, packing, & lab sections the factory is ensuring possible social distancing among the workers.
Imranur Rahman, Managing Director, Laila Group & Director, BGMEA has been leading the company very successfully. Mr. Imran said, “As a LEED Gold sustainable factory we are always maintaining three pillar of sustainability. Workers are our family & we are trying everything possible to ensure their health & safety. In the 2nd wave of Covid-19, the newly elected BGMEA board is more focused on ensuring the safety of all the factories of BGMEA under the guidance of our President Mr. Faruque Hassan.
Covid- 19 safety measures of Laila Group:
-Provide pure drinking water
– Ensuring every employee wear basic PPE / Mask
– Employees attend mandatory awareness and training session on Covid-19 and the precautions that need to be maintained in both personal and organizational level
– Hand and shoe washing facilities
– Masks are provided to all our employees
– Maintaining social distancing
– Doctor, nurses, welfare officers as well as cleaners are provided with PPEs
– Every day factory floors are being sterilized
-Set up Fair price shop in factory premises
As a sustainable manufacturer we believe in combining fashion & technology, engineering & art, literature & design that converge into one garment to make it unique while caring for the environment and make the approach sustainable with a different perspective on fashion.