New office bearers of the Foreign Investors Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) is declared. President Mr. Naser Ezaz Bijoy, CEO Standard Chartered Bank, Sr Vice President Mr. Neil Coupland, Managing Director JTI Bangladesh, Vice President, Ms. Shwapna Bhowmick, Head of Country, Marks & Spencer Plc took over the responsibility as the new office bearers of the Chamber. The decision was finalised during the last FICCI Board meeting held on 11th April 2022.
FICCI’s vision is to sustain our advocacy of a better Bangladesh with a brighter future, they are focused on championing causes and facilitating policies that enhance the vibrant participation of the diverse private sector. FICCI, as a key economic partner of Bangladesh, has embraced a number of spirited actions that express our core priorities, and we aim to continue to engage in bringing forth purposeful change through working more closely with the Government, through streamlining and enabling cross-border trade and investment, through disseminating useful research-driven market intelligence and through supporting regulation that benefits our membership and the wider mercantile ecosystem. Hence, with an eventful past, an energetic present, and an exciting future, we are focused on bolstering our reputation and position as a key developmental partner of Bangladesh and growing with our glorious nation.
- To promote and protect the business interest of our members;
- To render such assistance and advice to the government of Bangladesh and its concerned agencies/authorities which may help promote the growth of trade, commerce, and industry of the country in general and foreign investors, in particular, keeping in mind the interests of FICCI members;
- To support or oppose, as the case may be, legislative or other measures of the government affecting trade, commerce, and industry of the country in general and the FICCI members in particular;
- To help establish just and equitable principles in the domain of trade, commerce and industry of Bangladesh;
- Ensure Public-Private partnership and effective collaboration with the relevant govt. agencies to serve the interest of FICCI members;
- Facilitate the technological transformation for sustainable manufacturing base and entrepreneurship development;
- Liaison with national and international public and private sector representatives to attract foreign direct investment in Bangladesh.